- Fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue.
- Some people have reported diarrhea and vomiting associated with swine flu.
- Those symptoms can also be caused by many other conditions, and that means that you and your doctor can't know, just based on your symptoms, if you've got swine flu. It takes a lab test to tell whether it's swine flu or some other condition.
- If you want to know even more about the Swine Flu, here is an article provided by WebMD with some information
Protection against the Swine Flu?
Is there such a thing? The media doesn’t seem to want us to think so (Check out this interesting perspective on the Swine Flu). It is amazing how easy it can be to create a fear base model. Now, don’t get me wrong, do I believe that there I should be concern, sure, but fear and panic, definitely not.
I tend to take the approach of being pro-active in matters of my health, and thus far it has proven to be extremely helpful. Thus, I wanted to share some of the things that I’ve used to help me support my health. I trust they will help you educate yourself and support your own health. Remember, anything I share is simply my research, and opinion, and not intended to replace your professional health provider. It is up to you to make responsible decisions.
So here is a quick list:
- Of course there is the obvious such as:
- Keep your hands clean, which is simply good hygiene anyway.
- Cover your nose with tissue (not your hands or a hanky) when you cough or sneeze and immediately throw away the tissue after using it
- Avoid close contact with sick people and do your best to stay away from crowded places
- Avoid touching your eyes and nose as much as possible
- Creating a healthy mindset. What in the world is that? This means that I find as many ways for my mind to keep a positive and relaxed mindset. It has been widely documented that STRESS (mental, emotional, and physical) is the number one culprit in deteriorating health. Thus, keeping a relaxed and pro-active mindset is what I find to be one of the most powerful things I can do. I watch very little news, I don’t buy into the fear based model, and I stay focus on what I can do ahead of time to take care of my health.
- Establishing a healthy environment. The flu is the flu, period. I get that the swine flu is a different strain, and yet it is still the flu. Being that I haven’t had the flu since 1992, I feel that what I’ve been doing has been on the right track. One of the best things I’ve done is to do what I can to create a healthy environment within my body by eating as healthy as I can, and keeping a great mindset. My thinking is simple, a virus or other bug does not like living in an environment that doesn’t provide what it needs. So keeping my body alkalized, taking quality supplements, and eating healthy foods is something I’m constantly striving to use.
- Maintaining a healthy immune system. This can be as simple as using resources to help me strengthen it when needed (such as Immune Stimulator, Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils, or something as simple as adding Vitamin C), adding a bit of daily simple exercise (like walking, bouncing, tai chi, yoga, etc.), and staying away from as many situations that create emotional stress (such as constantly watching fear based news).
- BREATHE, BREATHE, BREATHE. I know that this seems obvious, but an oxygenated body is a much healthier body than one that is not. It is amazing how simple it is to do and yet how many of us often forget to BREATHE! Try it and remember how powerful this really is…truly I invite you to try it right now…take a few minutes, and just BREATHE, then continue reading this article. Try it right now.
- Finally, as I stated before, I’m not willing to fall back on ignorance and not be prepared. Thus, I have prepared a healthy kit with the following resources and is yet another line of defense to support my health. Feel free to learn more about these resources and create your own emergency health kit.
- Immune Stimulator – invigorates your immune system by activating T cells, “Stimulates body’s natural defenses to kill unfriendly microorganisms, viruses, bacteria, allergens, molds and parasites.” “Promotes the repair of DNA.”
- Colloidal Silver/Silver Shield – is Colloidal Silver, the first antibiotic. Silver Shield is the strongest water-soluble colloidal silver there is. Just 1 teaspoonful provides a full 90 mcg of pure silver without heavy metal contamination. As a matter of fact, this is such a great resource, that Dr. Pedersen has been approached by governmental agencies and this has been one of the key products suggested. Read more on this by pressing here.
- Vitamin D3 is needed for those that never get enough sunshine. Sunshine makes vitamin D, without Vitamin D, our immune system is sluggish. D3 is the converted D needed by the body.
- Vitamin C with Ascorbates or with Bioflavonoids - are needed by the immune system, and are used in large amounts once we are ill. This has become one of my favorite tools to support my immune system.
- Or Zinc Lozenges are a source of water soluble Zinc and Vitamin C Citrus Bioflavonoids, both of these are essential for an immune system under attack.
- Defense Maintenance contains many antioxidants, cruciferous vegetable powders, vitamins, and minerals that support immune response.
- L-Lysine strengthens circulation and helps the immune system manufacture antibodies. L-Lysine enhances immune action, an amino acid needed by it, and helps regulate ph balance. If your ph is correct, pathogens die.
- VS-C, a Chinese formula designed to eradicate viruses, says right on the bottle creates an environment unhealthy for viruses.
- If any of these products are of interest I encourage you to take a look at the specials page, as they can be found on special from time to time.
- Thieves Essential Oil - Research conducted at Weber State University in cooperation with D. Gary Young, as well as other documented research, indicates that most viruses, fungi, and bacteria cannot live in the presence of many essential oils, especially those high in phenols, carcacrol, thymol, and terpenes. This, perhaps, offers a modern explanation why the Old Testament prophet Moses used aromatic substances to protect the isrealites from the plagues that decimated ancient Egypt. It may also help us understand why a notorious group of theives, reputed to be spice traders and perfumers, was protected from the Black Plague as they robbed the bodies of the dead during the 15th century. - Essential Oils Desk Reference, 4th Edition, p6
- Raindrop kit – This kit has so many oils that have anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and so many more health promoting qualities, that it is just easier for me to have the entire kit, rather than get each oil individually. I could easily share pages & pages about the effectiveness of each oil contained in this kit, which include Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Peppermint, Wintergreen, Cypress, Marjoram, and Valor. If you really want to learn much more about the power of Raindrop Technique, you may consider the free class offered by Linda Henning, HHP.
- To learn where to purchase these therapeutic grade oils press here.